I’m in a giving mood. You want some epic quiche recipe? Have some epic quiche recipe…
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 2 1/2 cups of collard greens, chopped
- 9 oz steamed spinach from one of those ready-to-steam bags
- 1/2 cup edamame
- 125g lightly sauteed eggplant slices, broken into pieces
- 1 whole package seitan (8oz)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- some shakes of hot sauce
- 2 eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup of milk of your choice (I had almond milk)
- 1/4 cup 2% cottage cheese
- 2 laughing cow cheese wedges of your liking
- 1 tsp paprika, split into two 1/2 tsps
- 1 tsp cumin , split into two 1/2 tsps
- a bunch of basil
- 3 oz mozzarella, pulled apart
- 3 artichoke hearts, quartered
- 1/3 cup peppadew sweet peppers, halved
Preheat the oven to 375. Spray of 9” pie pan with cooking spray.
Lightly saute the collard greens with the tsp of oil. Once it’s wilting, add the spinach. Add the garlic. Cook until fragrant and the spinach is incorporated. Add the edamame and eggplant. Cook for a bit. Add the seitan. Throw in the 1/2 tsp of paprika and 1/2 tsp of cumin and the hot sauce and toss a little to mix it all in. Cook a little more until things look like they like each other a little more. Set aside.
Whisk the eggs, egg whites, and milk in a large bowl. Add the cottage cheese and whisk some more. Add the laughing cow wedges and whisk or use a fork to break it up a little in there. Add remaining paprika and cumin. Maybe some pepper too. I like pepper. Put some roughly chopped basil in there too.
Pour the veggies/seitan mix into the egg mix and stir around until fully mixed together. Pour into the pie pan, making sure stuff is distributed evenly. Top with mozzarella, more basil, artichoke hearts, and sweet peppers.
Bake for at least 45 minutes - it’s full of so much stuff that it takes a bit longer to set than you’d think. But keep checking, and remove with the center of the quiche is set. Cool. Eat.
1/6th slice = 209 calories / 12g carbs / 7g fat / 23g protein / 5g fiber / 5g sugar